The neck is made of vertebrae and intervertebral discs that absorb the shock between the bones. The anatomy of the neck also includes muscles, ligaments, and bones that support your head and facilitate movements. Neck pain and stiffness can occur because of injuries to any of these components because of contact sports, accidents, falls, underlying conditions, and poor posture. We specialize in minimally invasive treatments that address the root cause of your neck pain in Edison, helping you achieve long-lasting relief.
Symptoms of Neck Pain:
- Neck stiffness
- Reduced range of motion
- Sharp or stabbing pains
- Pain while twisting or moving the neck
- Radiating pain in the head or shoulders
- Numbness and tingling sensations
- Sharp pain traveling down the arms
- Cervicogenic headaches
- Increased pain when the cervical spine is examined
- Other symptoms based on the root cause of neck pain
Possible Causes of Neck Pain:
- Muscle Strains: You may suffer from neck pain because of muscle strains and tensions because of poor posture, jerking your neck while exercising, sleeping in a bad posture, or working at a desk for extended periods.
- Injuries: You may experience neck pain if the cervical vertebrae are fractured or damaged because of falls, car accidents, sports, or movements that go beyond the standard range of motion. You may also experience neck injuries because of whiplash.
- Heart Attacks: Neck pain often occurs because of heart attacks, accompanied by other symptoms of heart attacks, such as sweating, nausea, arm pain, vomiting, and shortness of breath. Please visit the emergency room immediately.
- Meningitis: You may experience neck pain and stiffness when the thin tissues surrounding the spinal cord and brain are inflamed. This condition can be potentially fatal.
- Arthritis: Your neck pain in Edison may occur when you have arthritis, leading to the wear and tear and swelling of the joints surrounding the cervical region.
- Osteoporosis: Osteoporosis is a condition that weakens the bones, leading to a high risk of cervical vertebrae fractures, which leads to neck pain.
- Cervical Disc Problems: The cervical disc cushions the cervical vertebrae, allowing them to move smoothly. Osteoarthritis of the neck (spondylosis), degenerative disc disease, and other cervical disc-related conditions can stress the cervical joints and cause neck pain.
- Spinal Stenosis: When the spinal column narrows, additional pressure is exerted on the spinal cord and nerve roots to exit the vertebrae, leading to inflammation and neck pain.
- Other Conditions: Neck pain may also happen because of congenital abnormalities, abscesses, infections, tumors, cancer, and other factors.
Schedule an Appointment
Edison Spine & Pain Management is a state-of-the-art interventional pain management practice specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of neck pain. We use cutting-edge technologies and techniques to identify the root cause of neck pain and curate a personalized treatment plan. We believe in conservative and comprehensive care — we address the root cause of pain, not just the symptoms. We thoroughly avoid surgeries and opioids. Please schedule an appointment to explore your treatment options for your neck pain in Edison.